As we are nearing the midterm of the Second Nine Week grading period, and students are still working from home, we want to remind everyone of a few important expectations for students that are learning remotely at Valley Grove:
- Our staff at Valley Grove Elementary School provide daily assignments published on Canvas (Grades 3&4) or Canvas and Seesaw (Grades K-2), depending on your child's grade level.
- Students must log in daily and complete the required attendance form for each class to be counted present.
- Our staff strives to be available 5 days a week during the hours of 9 AM - 3 PM to help in assisting our families.
- Attending and participating in Virtual class meetings, as set by the teacher, is a requirement.
- Consistent communication between school and home is expected. Please read and respond in a timely manner to messages from school.
- Submitting assignments and projects is a requirement and must be completed in a timely manner with dates and deadlines established by the teacher in order to receive credit.
- We can not express enough that we rely on our parents' and guardians' support to ensure their child's daily assignments are completed.
- Your child's iPads and Chromebooks should be used for school-related purposes, not for personal matters. Teachers can monitor student use of apps outside of class assignments including Netflix, Youtube, games, etc.. Students misuse of the device could lead to failing grades. Please monitor your child's device usage.
- Staff can, and do, keep track of daily assignments that have been opened by students, yet not completed.
Again, this setup will only be as successful as the invested support we are collectively providing to our students. The ultimate goal of our Valley Grove teachers is provide to opportunities for your child's academic growth. We understand the value of working together to encourage daily participation, completion of assignments, and requesting assistance when needed.
Thank you for working so hard with us to make this year as successful as possible!
Mrs. Illuzzi, Principal